Thursday, March 5, 2015

Too long since I wrote

Well, I've not written in a while, and there's not an excuse for my actions. Since I last wrote I've turned 25. I'm a quarter of a century, or as my friend Drew reminded me, I'm halfway to 50! Today, I'm feeling sentimental, mushy, in love, so tonight's blog is about "How I Know My Husband is My Soulmate."

1. He gets me, truly and completely. We can have an entire conversation without even speaking. I've never known someone to just get and understand me the way he does. I don't have to explain my feelings or explain anything really. He knows me, and he knows my mind.

2. He is the only person I want to see when I've had a terrible day, he's the first person I want to see when I've had a great day, he's the first person I want to see when I have good news, he's the first person I want to see when something sad has happened. Basically, he's the first person my mind goes to whenever anything happens. Good, bad, funny, sad, exciting, anything because he's my everything.

3. When I picture my (our) future I can't picture it without him. He makes my future a reality. He believes in me, when I don't believe in myself. I know that's a cliche, but I was jaded on love until him. He opened my eyes.

4. When I wake up every morning I roll over and I watch him sleep, and I thank God for the man he blessed me with. I honestly believe God made us for each other. Chris was my anchor when my sea was uncertain, and every day I get to wake up and go to sleep next him is perfect.

5. He and I share the same dreams and goals. We want the same things out of life, and we work together as a couple to make our dreams come true. Though to be honest, all my dreams came true when we said "I do."

6. We can be ridiculously silly together. We laugh until tears are streaming down our faces and our sides have stitches. We have an intense comical connection, but the humor is never at the expense of the other. That's one thing we don't do. 

7. He challenges me. He makes me think. He makes me reach further, dig deeper, strive harder. He makes me want to be the very best Tia I can be. He makes me want to aim for perfection, and even if I don't reach perfection I can be happy knowing I gave it 100%.

8. He is hands down the smartest, most hard-working person I've ever met. His intelligence surpasses that of most people. His intelligence is beautiful, he's passionate about always learning something new. I love when he does learn something new because I love listening to him describe to me what it was. He could be a teacher. He's so smart and witty. When he describes what he's learned he turns it into something interesting to listen to. It takes someone special to make learning how to change a carberator sound interesting. 

9. My husband and I share the same religious views. We share the same love for our God, our Creator. We love talking about our faith, and worshipping together. We share our favorite Bible passages and what they mean to us. 

10. We are completely content and happy being alone together. He's my best friend, so I love being alone in his company. I live for days where he and I spend all day together. We can be working on the cars, in the garden, around the house, loafing around town, it doesn't matter what we do as long as we do it together. He is my home.

11. He's the only person I can see raising a family with. We don't want any little feet running around the house for a few years, but when we do, I know he will be the most perfect daddy that he can be. We talk about our future child regularly, and the fact that we've always seen eye to eye on how to raise a family is music to my soul. 

12. Chris has an old soul like me. We may be in our 20s, but our souls are much older. We like going for a ride with coffee, and talking for hours on end. We love to sit in our front porch glider amd watch the cars drive by. We enjoy being in each other's presence, just sitting and listening to music. 

I could write many more, but I feel like 12 is a good representation of how I know he's my soulmate. I love him for who he is, for who he was, for who he will be, and for who he will never be. He's my best friend, my partner in crime, my soulmate, my confidant, my everything. I wouldn't be who I am without his ever present love in my life.

XoXo,
Tia




No comments:

Post a Comment