Sunday, January 4, 2015

I am Tia, Hear me ROAR

Today is Sunday, and the sun is finally shining! Chris and I thought we were going to need a boat to get around town. It rained really hard for a long time, but now the sun is shining it's 60 degrees outside. The ground is drying up and the birds are flying high. It's a wonderful Georgia winter day, and it would be even better if the floors didn't need scrubbing, clothes didn't need washing, and dogs didn't need baths. However, I cooked a huge breakfast of corned beef and hash, homemade hash browns, scrambled eggs, and biscuits, and dinner is in the crock pot- or at least the roast is. We're having pork roast, pinto beans, cabbage, mashed potatoes, and corn bread. I wanted to have a nice dinner before the work week begins. I'm learning that if I cook a lot over the weekends then I can almost make left overs last until the next weekend. Although, if I am off on weekday I will cook a good, hearty dinner. We'll eat good today.

I'm thankful for my culinary background, it taught me so much life experience. I am grateful that Chris helped pay for my dreams when my scholarship ran it's course. I am grateful I was able to go to college and follow my dreams, even if I am not using my college education as a career now. I know not everyone can go to college because of money or other reasons, and I was lucky enough to complete my education and not have any student loans lingering over my head. It wasn't easy, but I did it. I finished what I started, and that was what I intended to. I understand how blessed I am to have people in my life who love and support me and my dreams. I wish everyone in the world could experience the support that I do. It's all encompassing,

I used to feel all alone, even when I was in a sea of people. I didn't feel like I was good enough to have friends or to accept love from family and friends. I was in a dark place and I didn't think I would ever feel good enough for anyone. Little by little I began seeing that I was good enough, I was worthy of love and acceptance, and if someone didn't like me or accept me than screw them. I am a wonderful person, and if someone can't see it then they don't deserve to be in my life. I was taking my life by the reigns, I was going to be in control. I had finally found my voice, and I was going to let everyone know. I no longer feel inferior, or not good enough. Sure, I am still self-conscious, but I feel so much better about myself because I believe in myself. I had a true Katy Perry moment "You're gonna hear me ROAR." I wanted to share with everyone that I had finally found my self-worth. It is almost entirely because Chris has never ending love and faith in me. He believed in me, even when I didn't believe in myself. He showed me how to realize how much I was worth. He never once gave up on me, and I felt like I was a lost cause at first.

So, I guess this is me letting everyone know that I know I am worth something. I am worth love. I am a genuinely good person, sure this could sound as being arrogant, but I see it as finally embracing myself.

XoXo,
Tia

Follow me on Instagram- TiaMParson
Follow me on here, give me a +1
Share because sharing is caring

No comments:

Post a Comment