Tuesday, January 6, 2015

What do you work for?

Good evening! It's almost midnight and I'm just starting today's blog. I had to be at work early this morning, but I got off early, too, so I felt it was a nice trade. When I got home around 1:30 I cleaned a little bit then ate lunch and read. Once Chris finished work for the day we had to clean out our flower beds out front. There was so many fallen leaves, and we didn't want them to kill our plants. Today was the only day we could do it this week because we're getting an arctic blast overnight that's going to last until this weekend. While Chris collected pine straw from the land I raked off all of the old pine straw and leaves, and let me tell you, when leaves and pine straw are wet, they're a lot heavier than you anticipate. I suspect I'll be feeling the yard work tomorrow, luckily for me, I'm off (tomorrow). I'll probably work in the house all day, there's always work to be done.

Today's blog is more or less focused on independent adults, whether that's single, married, widowed, or divorced. We as adults have to work to pay bills, put food on the table, keep your children in clothes, etc... Well, what do you spend your left over money on? Accessories? Shoes? Purses? Shells? Lures? Line? Going out to eat? All of these things are fine, but for some there's one thing that doesn't get the attention it deserves...the house. (Please note I said some and not all or majority.) Why do you buy a $100,000+ house and not take care of it? Why let mildew build on the siding? It washes off. Why let the paint chip all over, when you can paint it? Why let briars take over your yard where your dog lives and children play? In one afternoon you could clear up the briars. Why let junk pile up all around your house and let it ruin your yard, and make your entire house seem nasty? Your house could be impeccable, but if you leave junk everywhere, it will hide your house's beauty.

I feel if you're going to be paying on your house for the next 30 years of your life, then you should keep it looking good. My husband always says, "you work for what's at home." That includes taking care of the house. Don't let animal feces pile up and not clean it up. That's gross for one, but also, it will ruin your floors. Take pride in what is yours. Keep the grass cut, the garbage taken off, the walkway/driveway clear of leaves and pine straw. Be proud for what you have. You could live in an itty bitty house or apartment, but as long as it is taken care of, you won't even be able to tell. Give your house personality, make it your own, but don't let it waste down to crap because you'd rather spend your money on something other than taking care of your house. A lot of taking care of your house doesn't even involve money, just time and sweat. Quite unfortunately people are becoming lazier and lazier (thank you generation of technology) to where they'd rather watch the latest reality show then keep up their house. 

I honestly don't get some people's way of thinking. I'm not trying to bash anyone or put anyone down, I'm just trying to understand. 

XoXo,
Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment